Wednesday 25 December 2013

Santa Says Listen To Hip Hop

I really don't know why, but at the moment I'm feeling quite into my hip hop. I'm not about to claim to be some kind of expert, but I've been listening to more, and hip hop is a pretty good genre. Don't get me wrong, there are some crap artists out there whose entire back catalogue is one big rhyming overcompensation for their lack of balls; you know, "I shoot everyone I see, I shot my mum, real men act like arseholes for no reason, I can't deal with my problems in a reasonable way". But who even likes them? The best artists play with words in such a clever way that you cry (that has happened to me, although I was inebriated at the time), and they'll talk about different things. Admittedly, there may still be some of that 'patting myself on the back' stuff, but it's in a much more amusing and - I think - almost satyrical way. Here are some songs I think you should listen to. Oh, and there also might be a bit of RnB, because that's also good too.

Chance The Rapper - Juice
Warren G & Nate Dogg - Regulators
Luniz - I Got Five On It
Chance The Rapper, Vic Mensa & Twista - Cocoa Butter Kisses
Biggie Smalls, P Diddy, Jagged Edge, Nelly, Avery Storm - Nasty Girl
Snoop Dogg - Who Am I (What's My Name)
Coolio - Gangster's Paradise
De La Soul - A Rollerskating Jam Named Saturdays
Jay Z & UGK - Big Pimpin'
Gorillaz - Rock The House
Eminem - Just Lose It
Eminem vs. Survivor - Without Me
Fifty Cent - P.I.M.P.
Jay Z & Kanye West _ Niggas In Paris
Chance The Rapper, Nate Fox & Lili K - Pusha Man

No comments:

Post a Comment