Monday 22 July 2013

Knife Party

I'm not just going to Leeds for fun; I'm going to write about it (or attempt to). That means that I'm going to have to stretch myself beyond Fall Out Boy, Green Day and Bring Me The Horizon. I'm going to have to look at new bands. That's something I'm perfectly happy to do, but there's so many different ones that I need to do some preliminary investigations into some of them to see who I might want to have a look at.
The first band I'm trying out is Knife Party.
First of all, I have to say that that is an absolutely amazing band name. Knife Party? That's the best kind of party ever. I am fangirling over the name before I've even heard the music.

After some slight confusion over some awesome punk music that seems to have somehow worked its way into their discography for no reason, I've found the actual Knife Party stuff. Created by Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen of Pendulum, it's what Wikipedia refers to as 'electro house', which is not what I usually listen to, but it's good. Not brilliant, as such . . . not especially memorable, more made as good background music. Maybe it's because I'm not exactly the crowd they're aiming for with music like this - your average blasted-pupil-sporting nutter going hell for leather in the middle of a club - but I'm not as excited about the music as I am about the name. It's got bleepy noises and stuff, but not any particularly good bleepy noises, and it feels just kind of boring, really. It took considerable effort to listen to each track fully.
Maybe I will go and see them, maybe I won't, but they're not top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment