Monday 9 September 2013

You Me At Six - Lived A Lie


I tend to forget just how much I like You Me At Six. I was hesitant about listening to them at first, for fear of getting the label that a lot of girls get, of only listening to the band because the singer's attractive. Sure, Josh isn't bad looking, but honestly I couldn't care less. When I finally got hold of Sinners Never Sleep, I listened to it a ridiculous amount, and the same with Hold Me Down. They do great music for singing along to, which is great because I love singing along to music.
Lived A Lie is their first release in over a year - the last release wasn't even anything to do with an album, it was the theme for a rollercoaster, which I will never understand - and the You Me At Six fans have been buzzing over it. I, as usual, didn't get to listen to it straight away and have just done so now.
Josh said in an interview - with Kerrang!, I think, seeing as that's where I get all my news - that he reckoned that Lived A Lie is not the smash hit single of the album. It's not meant to be shocking people into going 'wow, how could I have let these guys slip under my radar?', it's supposed to be easing people back into YM@6 being a musical presence. I'd have to agree. It's definitely a song, and it's a much better song, both musically and lyrically, than I could ever write, but it's not slapped me in the face. It's like 'You Me At Six!', not 'YOU ME AT SIX', if you get what I mean.
However, the band have promised bigger hits with their next singles, and Lived A Lie is good enough that I am eagerly anticipating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment