Sunday 8 December 2013

Satan's Helpers (Izzy's Christmas Playlist 2013)

I love Christmas. I mean, I really fucking love it. I have a lot of friends who are quite jaded about it and just mumble "it's fine, you don't need to get me anything", when I ask what presents they want. But not so for me. I'm not religious, so Jesus et al have nothing to do with it for me. It's the atmosphere. I like the food, the television, the absence of school, THE PRESENTS, the fact that my birthday comes ten days after. Obviously, to keep this relevant to the blog, I love the music. Why I love Christmas music, I couldn't possibly tell you because I don't know myself. But whatever it is, you need a Christmas playlist, and I am making you one, from songs both classic and new.

Wham - Last Christmas

All Time Low - Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You

The Darkness - Christmas Time

The Pogues - Fairy Tale Of New York

The Nightmare Before Christmas - Making Christmas (did you really think I'd leave this out?)

My Chemical Romance - All I Want For Christmas Is You (cover)

Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody

Jackson 5 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Corey Taylor - X-M@$

The Killers - Don't Shoot Me Santa

Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment