Tuesday 7 May 2013

5 Songs: A

I've decided, as a quick thing to fill time until I have enough spare time to write proper things for the blog again, I'm going to do this. Five songs for each letter of the alphabet. Today, obviously, is A.

Sleeping With Sirens - A Trophy Father's Trophy Son
It's, as is usual for SWS, one of those songs that you really want to sing along to, but can only do it justice if you can keep up with all the different parts of the chorus and Kellin's impressive vocal range.

The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
As with the rest of Hot Fuss, it's a beautiful song.

Fall Out Boy - America's Suitehearts
It's so over-the-top, but still manages to be quite clever about celebrity culture and somehow involves Patrick wearing a yellow top hat.

Deaf Havana - Anemophobia
I thought anemophobia would be something to do with blood (because in my head everything is to do with blood) because it sounds like anaemia, but I looked it up and apparently it's actually a phobia of wind. Technically, the song is actually a bit about wind.

My Chemical Romance - Ambulance
Off Conventional Weapons. It took me a while to let this one grow on me, because it sounds so different to their other stuff, and is terrifying when it randomly appears on shuffle, but I really like it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment