Saturday 13 April 2013

My Chemical Romance (Guest Blog by Lily)

About a year or so ago, I decided to show my 10-year-old sister Lily the album Danger Days by, obviously, My Chemical Romance. She loved it (obviously), and has retained an interest in MCR since then, which I have fanned by showing her bits and pieces of their other stuff - with discretion, because I think she's maybe not quite at the stage where she could appreciate a lot of the meanings behind the stuff in Bullets . . . and also, y'know, would you show You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison to a child? - like the Conventional Weapons releases.
For her birthday, I got her The Black Parade, and I asked her if she'd do a little review of it, seeing as it's not that often that people really talk to kids about music, and it was just something to do. I've edited the grammar a bit, but below is her opinion.

~

My Chemical Romance
by Lily, age 10

I like listening to My Chemical Romance because I don't really jump at the idea of listening to tonnes of squeally pop music, nor do I enjoy hearing the ongoing blare of yelling goth music, so when my sister Izzy introduced My Chemical Romance, which is a mix of both genres, I instantly clicked.
Favourite parts:
My favourite song in the album The Black Parade, which my sister gave me for my 10th birthday, is Teenagers because I like the beat. My second and third favourite songs are Dead! and The End.
Rating:
I would recommend this album to anyone who wants to listen to something slightly darker than pop and I would rate it 9/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment