Thursday 25 April 2013

Soundtrack To My Youth

I wasn't feeling especially nostalgic, but I thought it would be mildly interesting, to me at least, to look at the various songs I remember from growing up.

Blur - Song 2
This is one of the first songs I remember full-stop, and it's the first song I remember liking; it was my favourite song when I was about four. Still pretty awesome now.

Sugababes - Round Round
I was mad into Sugababes back in their Mutya+Keisha+Heidi phase (I wasn't old enough to properly experience the original one). I still have their Angels With Dirty Faces album, it's brilliant.

Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
I remember seeing the video for this on television when I was about six, and I loved the song for years before I knew the name or who it was by, and it's because of this song that I got into Gorillaz in the first place.

Busta Rhymes feat. Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want
Do not ask why because I really don't know, but when I was about six or seven I really loved Busta Rhymes, and I remember making my mum play this tape of his stuff while we were out in her car.

Busted - Air Hostess
Busted. Everybody's childhood favourite band. I think one of my first crushes was on the guy that's not got the black hair or the massive eyebrows. Another of my nostalgia albums is A Present For Everyone, I've never been able to throw it out.

Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again
This sonnggg. I also loved Britney Spears years ago, I had her album with this on it.

Hard-Fi - Living For The Weekend
This is from when I was about nine. I remember this because I got their Stars Of CCTV album off my dad for some reason, and I listened to it all day on repeat for about three weeks straight. This was at the same time as I was reading Jaws, so now this song reminds me of sharks and violent deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment