Monday 1 April 2013

Of The Bands I've Seen So Far . . .

I have that problem that you get when you like so many bands that you can't possibly remember them all, and this is bad enough with the big popular bands that I like - the amount of times I've forgotten to mention Fall Out Boy on lists of my favourite bands, and they're like in the top five (My Chemical Romance, Pierce The Veil, Fall Out Boy, Of Mice & Men, The Blackout).

But since I've started this blog, I've found a whole load of other, small bands that are just as awesome, and I really should listen to a lot more. Finding time is the problem. So here, I'm making time. I am in no way finished with looking at new bands (probably never will be), but of the bands I've seen so far, here is a list of my favourite song from each one - let this serve as a reminder for any of the rest of you who liked them but forgot to carry on listening as well . . . (coherency may vary as I've been living off a 95% chocolate diet for the past 48 hours)

Aspirations - Remember When
To be fair, there's not many songs to choose from for these guys at the moment, but this would probably still be my favourite song by them anyway. I like the screaming, it sounds like a mad person talking to themselves. I also thought that the line "no more hardship" was "no more horseshit".

Bring Home Ohio - The Way It Goes
Because of the awesome guitar at the start, obviously.

Cobalt And The Hired Guns -You Left Your Sweater
It's so happy and clappy, and heartwarming montage-y. It's so lovely, and let us hope it never gets ruined by being used in an iPod advert.

Liar Liar - High'N'Low
I really can't decide properly, because I am all over all of the songs on their He Said, She Said EP, but I'm picking this one because awesomeness and sing-a-long-ability.

Messenger Down - Die Sehnsucht
I don't know what my favourite MD song was before, but I love this one. It's all lonely and really shows off the singing.

Silver Story - My Empire
It's so quiet and chilled at the beginning, and then kicks in and it's all wow. I think I remember the last time I wrote about this one, and I said it sounds like the kind of song you'd use in a film for where they're being romantic in the rain.

Nobody Takes Vegas - Midnight In Nagoya
I like the beginning, how it builds up. It reminds me of those 20 minutes where I tried to play Mirror's Edge or whatever it's called, and I gave up cause I couldn't run across the tight rope fast enough.

Owls In The Attic - Big Fire
This one, yes. Yes yes yes. As usual, the contrast between clean vocals and screaming is really well done, and it sounds like a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment