Friday 12 April 2013

My Favourite Songs From Musicals

I'm not what you'd call a musical aficionado, but there are a fair few out there that I like. I needed something to post today, as well, and conveniently enough someone's made me re-listen to the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack again.

The Wizard Of Oz - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
You'd think with Margaret Thatcher being dead, I'd join the ranks of people getting Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead to number one. I nearly did, but to be honest I love this song so much more. The Wizard of Oz is apparently the first film I was able to watch all the way through, simply because it's so weird.

The Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack's Lament
This is one of my favourite films full stop. I liked it way back when it was on VHS, before it was relaunched and all the posers got in on it -_- (/hipster). But it's so amazing, the way it switches back and forth between angry and frustrated, and just sad.

Mulan - I'll Make A Man Out Of You
This song is so bloody motivational. I dare you not to feel like fighting someone after listening to this - if it trained the entire army to fight against the Huns, it'll work on you. Just . . . ugh . . . CATCHY SONG.

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
I am scared shitless by this film. It's the Oompa Loompas, they're so creepy. And the music as well, even when it's cheery. The music on the start of this song, before Gene Wilder starts singing, it sounds more like The Twilight Zone than a cheery kids' film. But it's still a brilliant song.

The Producers - Springtime For Hitler
I've only seen this film once, and that was the remake, which is a shame - originals are usually better, and it's good to see them just to compare them with the remakes as well. But this song appears on my iPod with very uncanny timing, like when I was in Berlin of New Year's with my family and we were taking a tour of the Reichstag.

No comments:

Post a Comment