Sunday 17 February 2013

Hello.

So this blog is essentially a sort of project. I've been told that apparently I need to know more about handling social media, which is partly being corrected by this blog, and partly by my twitter, although twitter's not a preferred platform of mine because of the bastard 140 character limit.
The idea of this was to pick a subject and blog about it. One subject that I have a lot to say about is music. I am all over music, all over it like a powerful moss.

This, however, is a little introduction to me; the person behind the blog.
My name's Izzy, I'm currently 17 and I live in the north of England. I have various interests, including foreign languages - I'm studying German and Spanish at AS level (*coughshowoffcough*); reading, especially fiction and especially stuff where everyone dies very painfully; writing, of a similar nature to the stuff I like to read, but lacking in skill and plot; drawing with varying degrees of success (I draw a lot of band fan art, which may end up on here because it's kind of relevant); and, most pertinently to this blog, music. I'm learning guitar verrrry verrrrrry slowly, but I am progressing. I have, however, sworn never to take part in guitar douchery (loudly proclaiming that you can play guitar while in a public place and proceeding to play Wonderwall to the swoons of adoring girls completely lacking in musical knowledge).

I like a lot of bands. I mean a lot. There's so many bands that I like now that it takes me a couple of days to remember them all because I'll forget about six of them each time. Also, when I say 'I like bands', that's a bit of an understatement as well; I get so excited about some bands that I listen to that I have been driven to tears in the past. Just so you know what kind of blog you're getting into, and because I love lists, below is an actual list of the bands that I love the most.

My Chemical Romance, Pierce The Veil, Fall Out Boy, Sleeping With Sirens, Of Mice And Men, Panic! At The Disco, Without A Face, Rise Against, You Me At Six, Blink 182, Green Day, The Blackout, Cancer Bats, Slipknot, The Cure, The Smiths, The Cribs, Leathermouth . . . I am now panicking slightly because I know I've forgotten some of them and I can't remember which ones. Just so you know, my absolute favourites are My Chemical Romance and Pierce The Veil. I will actually eat your face off you while you're still alive for the opportunity to meet them (that may quite accurately sum up my blog title).

This blog will be about a range of things within the world of music. Songs and albums I like, why I like them, new bands and artists I'm listening to, issues within the world of music and such - anything that I believe is relevant and I can be bothered to write.

So yes, there you have it. That is me and my introduction post. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment