Tuesday 26 February 2013

I Need To Go To Reading And Leeds . . . And Maybe Also Slamdunk

LOOK AT THE LINE-UP THIS YEAR FOR R&L. LOOK AT IT.

THATS THE NEW STUFF. LET ME LIST EVERY BAND AND ARTIST FOR YOU BECAUSE I LIKE LISTS.

Biffy Clyro, System Of A Down, Fall Out Boy, Foals, Jake Bugg, Bring Me The Horizon, Deftones, Eminem, Alt-J, Sub Focus
various others that either haven't been announced/I can't find.
BUT LOOK. FALL OUT BOY. FFKRJGLJRLKGMFDLK. AFDdfgjslgkwerg;lkg Just Fall Out Boy would be enough but there's others, there's BMTH, there's SOAD, there's Eminem (although I don't massively like his newer stuff).

THEN LOOK AT SLAMDUNK 2013

All Time Low, Four Year Strong, The Early November, The Skints, The Wonder Years, Streetlight Manifesto, Pierce The Veil, Polar Bear Club, Woe Is Me, Sense Fail, Fireworks, The Story So Far, Memphis May Fire, Sleeping With Sirens, Andrew McMahon, Mallory Knox, The Summer Set, MC Lars, Man Overboard, Deaf Havana, We Are The Ocean, King Prawn, Allister, Transit, Me Vs Hero, The Word Alive, Our Last Night, Jonny Craig, Handguns, Hands Like Houses.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ME SEEING PTV TOO MUCH, AND THE ONLY OTHER SWS GIG I KNOW OF IS ALREADY BLOODY SOLD OUT.

I was originally wary of festivals, because I didn't like live music or fields. I'm still not a massive fan of fields, but there are now band that I like enough that I would go without washing properly for. I am quite willing to go and do the festival thing, especially since everyone keeps going 'oh my god you're young this is the time to do it it's the time to go running round in the mud in your vest and knickers' and all that. I may get Alix to go with me, if she can, because she likes all this musical stuff.

I have been to one festival. Fuji Rock Festival 2010. I have the t-shirt and towel to prove it. It was pretty awesome, and the first time I saw Muse and The Cribs live. The downside was that it was in the mountains of Naeba. In Japan. The Japanese are very friendly, but when you're 14 and it's raining so hard your shoes grip more to the ground than your feet (the amount of times I had to go back for my shoes 'cause they'd come off is ridiculous) and the only person you can actually hold a conversation with is your mum, who appears to have caught the Black Death from a really inflamed insect bite . . . kind of dampens your mood a bit. It's time, though, to try again with people who are much less friendly and organised, in a country with even worse weather.
But there's Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens and Fall Out Boy and Deaf Havana and All Time Low and Bring Me The Horizon
Do you get this
I NeED TO GO TO ONE OR BOTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment