Saturday 2 March 2013

Look, A Band: Aspirations

Aspirations (Alex Ramos – vocals, Mark St. Pierre – vocals, Chaz Bentley – guitar, Dylan Bradberry – bass, Kyle Daniel – drums) are apparently a ‘melodic post-hardcore’ six-piece from Atlanta, Georgia. I have high hopes for this because, looking at my iTunes, despite the fact that I and, I think, a large amount of the general public aren’t entirely sure what post-hardcore is (“Post-hardcore is a genre of music that developed from hardcore punk, itself an offshoot of the broader punk rock movement” – Wikipedia), I have a lot of post-hardcore on my iPod.


There’s only one song on their facebook (and it’s the only one I can currently find elsewhere) – Restoration - but it’s a good song, I really like it. To me – and I know fuck all about the technical side of music – it at least sounds like they really know what they’re doing. Plus, there’s screaming, and I love screaming. I wish I could scream. The song reminds me of Of Mice And Men, We Came As Romans type stuff, and that’s generally not a bad thing, ‘cause OM&M are one of my favourite bands. I’ve already re-listened to this a few times while writing this post, and were I able to find any other songs, I would love to listen to them. I am all over this, I’ve got the new-band feeling. Excuse me while I abseil down into the fandom before the main crowd gets here.
Aaaaaaa this is awesome, I just wish I could find more songs, aside from the teaser for Remember When (that’s the most dramatic entrance of the word ‘ugh’ ever, I need someone to make a gif out of that).

No comments:

Post a Comment