Saturday 16 March 2013

You Should Totally Listen To For All Those Sleeping

This is different from the 'Look, A Band' thing, because these guys are already pretty well-known.
I personally found out about them from an article in Kerrang! a few weeks back. I listened to them at the time and I thought they were great, but then, as often happens, I kind of forgot to listen to them because of other bands.
Anyway, I decided to try again with them this evening as a soundtrack to my homework, and let me tell YOU (yes you), that these guys are actually awesome, like I'd-see-them-live awesome, and I've mentioned my concert fear in the past. These guys are shit-hot, they're brilliant. They're all angry and metally, and they kind of remind of Sleeping With Sirens, which is really quite a good thing.
Really, to summarise them for you, I'll just quote the first track off their newest album, Outspoken: "Five fine young men, here to play a few of their heavy rock and roll songs for you. From Minnesota, what you've been waiting for, For All Those Sleeping".
What makes that even better is that those words are closely followed by "STEP UP OR SHUT THE FUCK UP" which is really just very good life advice.
The songs are all really awesome wonderful-sounding and energetic - there'll be a great intro, and then this massive crazy chorus that makes me want to jump about despite the fact that I'm supposed to be quiet so that I don't wake up Satan, who happens to live next door. As a taster, have a look at my favourite of theirs, Follow My Voice:

Incidentally, they're also playing at Skate And Surf 2013 (another festival I want to be at, ugghhhh festivallsssss) in America. I think that they should, y'know, maybe . . . come to England . . . and do a show in Academy somewhere for cheap . . . and give me lots of merch . . . and maybe all the other bands should do that as well . . .
But yes, you should definitely give For All Those Sleeping a listen. They're brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment