Sunday 3 March 2013

Look, A Band: Bring Home Ohio


They’re Bring Home Ohio. They’re Alex Beams (drums), Gabe Pietrafesa (guitar), Dylan Fader (guitar/vocals), Zak Houacine (bass) and Alex Magnan (vocals) – I really like trivia such as band member names, which is why I list them. They’re an unsigned band from Albany, New York (the largest of the Albanys, apparently), who describes themselves as a pop-punk band with influences including Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday and Blink 182. They’re interested in grandpas. They’ve got friends at Glamour Kills (it’s a fashion brand that sponsors the likes of All Time Low, You Me At Six and Mayday Parade). They’ve got pretty cool merch (I love merch and merch is how bands live). That, to me, sets a pretty high standard.

To be fair, they do pretty well at meeting those standards. In my erm . . . expert opinion (one day I swear I’ll know what I’m talking about), it’s definitely pop punk, and I quite like it. The songs don’t instantly grab me or anything – I’m not squealing in my seat or anything. However, they’re definitely good songs, they definitely know how to play instruments, and I can see them growing on me pretty easily, seeing as how I plan on listening to them again quite a lot, especially The Way It Goes. They’ve done a reasonably good cover of Finders Keepers by You Me At Six as well, and I generally have a phobia of cover version.
So yeah, these guys are good and I would watch out for them, ‘cause they have lots of videos and seem to be pretty busy, and just . . . if you’re one of those people who likes to be into bands before everyone else, then give them a listen. I meaannn ittttt.

No comments:

Post a Comment