Thursday 28 March 2013

Songs for PARTY TIMES

Look, I am trying to post but I feel too distracted by that thing that happened on my blog that I'm trying not to keep going on about to be able to listen to a band and give an accurate portrayal of what I think, and I think that it would be unfair to the many wonderful bands that I have yet to listen to if I didn't give them my full attention. So what I'm going to do is another short playlist. Yesterday's was for when you're feeling shit, today's is for when you're feeling good and you need to dance about and glue camel-shaped ornaments to the ceiling, and your mum keeps asking you if you're high (I'm not on this occasion, no). Because sometimes you can come fully out of the darkness, if just for a short while, and you should make the most of that time, because only remembering the darker days isn't living. Don't expect a lot of coherence from here onwards.

My Chemical Romance - Planetary (GO!)
YES, I AM PUTTING MORE MCR ON HERE. And I don't even care, this is an awesome party song, and me and my friends tried to get it played at prom last summer but the stupid DJ said he didn't have it (he was on Spotify, that's just lies, man). But if he had, everyone would have danced along anyway because this is happiness and strobe lights and kicking through stuff and raining glitter. Plus, it was the song that got me into this wonderful, wonderful band.

Reckless - You Me At Six
It's so defiant and bouncy, and just you really need to get up and hop about to this one, it's amazing, I don't even remember how to articulate myself anymore, there is no language only party now.

Lostprophets - A Town Called Hypocrisy
It's got a brilliant chorus for singing along to, and it's fast and dancey, and an awesome riff in it. And it's also a good song for when you're pissed off, which is good cause I'm always a bit pissed off.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll
I don't really listen to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs all that much, but I have always really liked this one. Admittedly, one of the things that brought it to my attention was . . . erm . . . the Glee episode where they did a mash-up of this song and Thriller or something . . . but yeah . . . I like the song in its own right as well. It's so spacey.

All Time Low - I Feel Like Dancin'
I think this is actually the first All Time Low I heard while knowing it was them (I heard Lost In Stereo and stuff, but I never knew who it was at the time). It's actually an awesome song, although I will confess that I did originally like it because Alex Gaskarth looks pretty hot in the video. But the physical appearance of bands shouldn't have anything to do with how much you like the music really, so I listened to it without looking at his face and I still like it. Were I the party-going sort of person, this would very accurately describe the kind of party I'd be at.

The Cribs - Men's Needs
The. Fucking. Guitar. In. This. Just. OMG. It is amazing. It's all shouty and rock'n'rolly, and you can make up your own words to it as long as you say 'men's needs' at some point in the chorus, which is even better because made-up song lyrics are funnnnn.

Go! Dance! Run naked through the streets! Rave safe! Don't take drugs if you don't want to, regardless of what others are pressuring you into, and if you are going to do drugs, only do them with people you feel secure with! Eat more sweets! Turn the lights off and spin round!


No comments:

Post a Comment