Friday 1 March 2013

Look, A Band: A Mistake Undone

A Mistake Undone is the first band on my long list I have compiled. I’m not sure what you actually get if you undo a mistake, but let’s assume for now that the answer to that is three people – P.D. Hewitt (vocals, guitar, piano), Bailey Luce (bass) and Brandon Nick (drums) – from Indiana, whose influences are listed as, amongst others, Panic! At The Disco, Rise Against, Tonight Alive, Mayday Parade and then also . . . Tonight Alive again. That’s a relatively wide range of influences, of which I greatly approve.
They’re an alright band, and they sound like they could be really good with some practice. Their songs are good, but they still sound very, very new and a bit unsure of themselves on the songs I can find. Their song Run Away seems to be the main one, and it’s ok, but the singing varies a bit between shy and something a little bit like Tom DeLonge. Don’t get me wrong, Tom DeLonge is good, it’s just a little bit unnerving when he momentarily possesses people.

Aaargh, I don’t like saying bad stuff, because they are a band that sounds like they could be really good, but I suppose I need to do constructive criticism (but what do I even know about music, I can’t even play an instrument). They just need to practice and get more confident and relaxed.
But over all, they are good, and their two songs that I managed to find are growing on me.

Facebook / Twitter / Website 

(I changed the name to Look, A Band because I felt childish and I'm not childish I'm really mature)

No comments:

Post a Comment