Sunday 31 March 2013

Songs For Monsters

I'm more of a fan of the bloodstained and macabre than religion, although I do love a good stained-glass window, and I appreciate the effort people put into worshipping their various deities. So anyway, as I'm not really a Jesus kind of girl, I'm having today as a second Halloween, and giving you some songs about the monsters out there.

Sleeping With Sirens - Dead Walker Texas Ranger
I really like how it starts of as some kind of gentle song, and then kicks in and it's all gruesome and frantic, and it sounds like running from zombies, even though there's still the kind of poppy 'ba ba ba' bits. It's the one song I could think of to actually put in this post at first, just because I really like it.

Falling In Reverse - I'm Not A Vampire
I am a little dubious about Falling In Reverse for a band, not least because they're so very scene that even I - and admittedly I probably shit purple glitter - find them a struggle at times. However, this song's so catchy I have never fully been able to get it out of my head.

Leathermouth - This Song Is About Being Attacked By Monsters
It just sounds like bashing in the brains of some terrifying creature and then hiding in a house waiting for its friends to get you, even before you read the lyrics - "They're coming in through the windows, and breaking through all the boards I nailed up, they look like they've been through hell and back, and they've got one thing on their minds". I can get very deep about this song.

Of Mice And Men - I'm A Monster
It may be called 'I'm A Monster', but to me it sounds more like how when everyone else is the monster, and they just make you think you're worse than them, and how furious with yourself you can feel because of it.

Misfits - Astro Zombies
My Chem did an awesome cover of this, but I'm sticking the original in here because it's awesome too.

The Cramps - Human Fly
I love this song. It sounds so creepy and erm . . . fly-like. Plus there's the lyrics, which always make me laugh. "I am a human fly and I don't know why, I've got ninety six tears in ninety six eyes".

No comments:

Post a Comment