Wednesday 13 March 2013

Reaallllyyy Relaaaaxxxxinnggg Songs.

Because everybody's stressed at the moment. Exams are coming from every angle, teachers know that and are subsequently attacking everyone who's not going to make them look good this summer. Not fun. Especially not fun if, like me, you're a perfectionist and very easily stressed, which is why I've decided to post some of the songs I find really relaxing (hence the title), because sometimes stuff like Product of a Murderer is not what you need to hear to put you in a positive frame of mind, no matter how much I may like the song.

Gorillaz - Hong Kong
It's on one of their earlier, smaller albums, and I don't remember when I first heard it properly because I kept skipping it, but it's beautiful. Reminds me of grass and dirt and stuff.

Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay
This guy is so chilled out. Just sitting there all day watching ships and boats. He is so chilled he has nothing else to do all day. Was he unemployed at the time? He's definitely more chilled than me, I could only look at a boat for about as long as this song lasts, but that really saying something on how relaxing this song is, because I normally can't look at boats at all.

Of Mice And Men - When You Can't Sleep At Night
I really wasn't expecting this the first time I heard it, given what the rest of OM&M's discography is like. You go all the way through The Flood and it's all fury and anger and punching walls, and then there's this beautiful calm one at the end.

Compay Segundo - Guantanamera
Latin music is actually awesome, and it's always relaxed, even when it's not. This is especially so, despite being about a woman from an area of Cuba currently controlled by the USA, even though they don't need it.

Rise Against - Swing Life Away
I like Rise Against, but sometimes the whole WE ARE VERY ANGRY ABOUT POLITICS thing gets a bit boring, even for me, and I'm always angry about politics. So this one's good, because not only is it relaxing, it's just about erm . . . swinging life away (swing your pants?)

No comments:

Post a Comment